How To Use Your Eco5
Here is how to use your Eco5:
- Place the unit on a dry, flat surface
- Remove the bucket when adding food waste to avoid spillage. For best results, use mixed food scraps and avoid packing down or overloading the bucket.
- Place the bucket inside the unit and close the lid.
- Plug in the unit and press the ‘on’ button. The button will light up blue to indicate it is in operation. Food waste can be added at any time, the cycle will automatically pause once the lid is opened. Please note, adding food waste later in the cycle may result in it not being completely broken down.
- Once all phases are completed and the unit is cooled it will switch off automatically. You may remove your soil amendment and your bucket is ready for the next load of food waste.
What can be placed in the Eco5?
The Eco5 prefers a mixed diet. Please see our handy list below of what can and cannot be placed into the Eco5:
Can be used:
🍗 Poultry and fish bones
🦐Shellfish (including shells)
Beans, seeds and legumes
🥩Meat, tofu, poultry and fish
☕Coffee grinds, filters and teabags
🍏Most vegetable and fruit scraps
Cut up prior:
🌿Fibrous herbs and plans
🌽Corn cobs and husks
🥕Whole fruit and vegetables
Okay in small amounts:
Sauces, dressings and gravies
🍮Jellies, jams and puddings
🍞Starches (bread, cake and rice)
🍑Hard pits (including peach, nectarine, apricot, lychee and mango)
🍭Candy and gum
🦴Dense bones (beef and pork)
🛢️Oils and fats
For more information, contact our friendly team:
📞 0499 440 067